Angle grinders, one of the most multipurpose power tools available, it can be a difficult tool to handle however is essential for certain types of crafts.
These types of Angle Grinders are mainly used to cut metal stones and tiles however you would require different discs for different purpose for example if want to cut steel you would need a reinforced abrasive disc to complete the task.
For stone you would able to use abrasive discs however if you want to make the cleaner cut you would use a diamond cutting disc and ultimately last you much longer however not recommended to cut steel as it will not last long.
DIY: Clean the Rusty Things.
Angle grinders can also be very effective at removing rust from blades metal objects that require restoration for these tasks you would require a metal brush disc we highly recommend the following grinder Verto 600W Angle Grinder . This will assist you in cleaning those old gardening tools and to clean paint of cement.
DIY: Angle Grinders Making Things Sharp.
So you have an old lawnmower that is not cutting like it use to no problem when you have a angle grinder all you need to do is unscrew the blade underneath the lawnmower and grind out all the bumps it might have hit when in use, you can use a file to smooth out the blade to ensure a smooth sharp edge we highly recommend using the following power tool Verto 200W Bench Grinder.
DIY: Cut out those odd sized tiles.
So, you have a specific odd sized tile you need to cut out or a thick metal bar not a problem all you need is to measure the block or shape you require mark it. Get the suitable grinding disk and start cutting. For these type of jobs you require a tough grinder here is the right one for you Graphite Angle Grinder 2400W.
DIY: Polish The Vehicles.
So you need to keep the trucks looking sharp n shiny, or you just want to polish your vehicle, all you need is a quality polish disc and attach it on your grinder and start polishing. We would recommend the following for this task Graphite Polisher 1300W angle grinders might have too much spinning speed and might burn the paint they spin at higher rates even if they have less watts then a angle grinder.
Here are some Safety tips when using an angle grinder.
- Safety Gear is on of the most important items you require to do the job without injuring yourself wear safety glasses and handyman gloves.
- When you want to change wheels on your angle grinder always remember to unplug the grinder first this will ensure you don’t by accident activate the power.
- Always get a firm grip on the angle grinder you don’t want to drop this tool on your toe.
- Always orient the grinder so that all the debris are targeted downward.
- Keep bystanders at distance and they should also wear safety glasses.
- Keep the sparks away from flammable objects.
- Most important keep out of children’s reach.
- It is always important to let the grinder do the work you don’t want it kicking you back.